Profiling goals and spend of in-house legal departments
A standalone report which focuses exclusively on profiling the goals and spend of in-house legal departments has been finalized and is available from today for purchase.
We all know that in order to stand out from the competition and impress clients, new and existing, we must better align the service we deliver with client demands, behaviors and their evolving needs. Having access to the insight direct from the senior legal buyers in the market will ensure your law firm can achieve this.
Acritas has conducted in-depth telephone interviews with over 2,000 senior buyers of legal services from companies with $50 million in revenue and up from around the world, of which close to 700 are based here in the US. During the course of those interviews, we asked each participant a range of questions about their law department.
This report highlights areas such as:
- Department goals for the upcoming year
- The size of the department and the split of lawyers and paralegals, including any specialist non-legal roles (i.e. operations, procurement, etc.) employed in the department
- In-house and external spend budgets, as well as forecast for the upcoming year
- How much of that spend is for international work, for top-level/bet-the-company work
- How much of spend is on alternative legal service providers and the types of alternatives being employed in the past year.
From those responses, we have created two reports, one of which focuses on responses from US companies only while the other includes responses from all global companies surveyed. In the reports, the above questions can be broken down by the following data points:
- US State/Region or Global Country/Region
- Industry and size of company
- Demographics of respondent (i.e. gender, age, etc)
- ...and more.