We have worked with a number of clients to identify the opportunity within individual industry sectors, understand the key points of difference in needs and buyer behaviors and develop highly effective marketing, client acquisition and retention strategies.
A true understanding and appreciation of your clients industries can be used to drive efficiencies in delivering work, to demonstrate your commitment to your clients’ businesses and to tailor your approach to clients of the future.
Through our 2,000+ interviews with senior legal buyers around the world, we know that sector knowledge is the most influential driver of favorability towards a firm, behind the traditional and mostly undifferentiated areas of expertise and service.
Our industry and sector data can be used to:
- Align resource and budget to sectors with the largest legal needs
- Inform industry and sector business planning with spend trends, favorability drivers and rates paid for work in different sectors and markets
- Understand the business challenges, and in-house goals, priorities and key metrics used by in-house counsel in each sector to inform pitch success
- Understand international workflows for your chosen sector(s), the market leaders in each case and what drives appointment, satisfaction and loyalty
- Understand and strengthen your competitive position.
Products & Pricing
Data relating to sectors and industries is available through a number of routes. Acritas, now part of Thomson Reuters, offers a range of data packages as listed below as well as customized studies and cuts of the Sharplegal dataset. Should you wish to discuss a more bespoke approach, please contact us directly.
Sector Opportunity Reports: These reports are drawn from Sharplegal data and are designed to support sector group leaders in their strategy development. The reports contain insights relating to the opportunities for firms servicing each individual sector. Purchased as a group, or individually, the report covers details on average spend, key in-house goals and priorities, leading firms, drivers of favorability and satisfaction, key business challenges and much, much more.
Reports available for:
- Business services
- Energy, Utilities and Natural resources
- Financial Institutions and Investors
- Financial services
- Food, Farming and Fisheries
- Government, Public sector and Not-for-profit
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Pharmaceuticals and Bioscience
- Real estate
- Retail and Wholesale
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Transport, Logistics and Distribution
Discounts are available for reports for multiple purchased or combined industry analysis.
Why firms gain more or less of a clients’ spend: Drawing on Sharplegal data we will explore which firms are gaining more spend in your chosen industry, the drivers to increasing share of wallet, which firms are losing spend and the reasons why firms are losing out.
Industry challenges: These short reports contain an overview of the key issues affecting businesses locally or globally within your sector of choice. Discounts are available for multiple purchases, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
If you have specific objectives or goals that where scientific data would help to validate or inform your planning then please contact us to discuss your requirements.